LinksCreated: 2021-12-01 | Last updated: 2022-01-17
Favourites around the web. Fun and resources. Nostalgia. Reading I find beneficial.
- Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
A thought-provoking book about human alienation from nature, and its consequences.
"Ishmael is a half ton silverback gorilla. He is a student of ecology, life, freedom, and the human condition. He is also a teacher. He teaches that which all humans need to learn — must learn — if our species, and the rest of life on Earth as we know it, is to survive."
- Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson
A somewhat esoteric starting point for someone looking to become free from their programming.
"We are all giants, raised by pygmies, who have learned to walk with a perpetual mental crouch. Unleashing our full stature – our total brain power – is what this book is all about."
- Nutritious Movement by Katy Bowman
Katy is an advocate for natural movement over exercise in a culture ailed by increasing sedentarism.
Her writing has helped me activate my body in a way that is authentically me, changing inner attitudes formed by forced 'Physical Education' that over time replaced the natural joy and freedom of movement in my childhood and adolescence.
Mental healthDisclaimer: I endorse these people's work not because I necessarily agree with everything they say, but because of the healing direction of their work as a whole.
- Amara Strand – learning to be human before and after 'spiritual awakening'
- Clarity of Being by Philip Goddard
Practical help for self-actualization, and mental health support based on rational thinking by 'Uncle Philip'.
This website has helped me forward more than any mental health professional I've met throughout the years.
- The Case Against Psychiatry by Wayne Ramsay
- The Schizophrenic and the Psychocrat by Darren Allen
Minimalism and simple living
- Rob Greenfield – advocate for sustainability, humanitarianism and simple living.
- Samurai Matcha – on Youtube
- Zen Habits by Leo Babauta
NostalgiaThings around the web I remember fondly. I will be making a separate page for personal web nostalgia soon.
- Concerned – the half-life and death of Gordon Frohman by Christopher C. Livingston
- Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music (updated since, here's the version I remember)
- Orisinal by Ferry Halim
Beautiful little games. Sadly doesn't work for me anymore since Flash was killed, but let this be a tribute.
- Passages for Lost Clouds by Ken Wong
- The Endless Forest by Tale of Tales